Our PhilosophyHere at Ingenium Schools, we believe that mental heath support is key to unlocking the innate brilliance in our children. Too often, our kids come to school with various states of mental trauma. Due to this, some of them fail to adequately engage in school. They are not ready to learn.
- We practice trauma informed instruction.
- We practice socio-emotional learning
- We believe kids do well when they can do well, not when they want do.
- We seek to promote a culture that de-stigmatizes mental health support.
- Imbedded Socio and Emotional Learning
- Tiered Mental Health Interventions
- Group Counseling
- One on One Counseling
- DIS Counseling
Community ResourcesClick to visit any of the following
- California Parent Training Resource Centers
- Community Resource Guide – East LA
- Community Resource Directory – South Los Angeles
- Department of Mental Health Consumer Resource Directory
- Directory of Cultural & Linguistic Services of Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Directory of Parent-to-Parent Resource Organizations for Children with Special Needs and Children with Special Health Care Needs in Los Angeles County
- Gang Prevention Resources
- LA Kids Youth Sports Program
- LAUSD Wellness Networks and Clinics
- National Directory of Organizations Serving Parents of Children and Youth with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- South Los Angeles Community Resource Guide
- Southern California Counseling Center
- The Los Angeles Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Education Program
- The LA Trust Wellness Centers
Other resourcesPlease wait for the document(s) to load below Click to view the document or folder
Connect with your school.
ParentSquare is a communication and organization tool designed to keep you informed of school-wide activities, and engaged with parents.
Here are some of the features ParentSquare provides:
- Receive all school, classroom and group communication via email, text or app notification
- RSVP to School or Class events
- Share images, photos, and other exciting stuff with your school.
- Send private messages to your school staff
- Appreciate those who post messages (please give them generously!)
For Parent Engagement Opportunities, please speak with our Parent Liaison, Andrea Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join the Barack Obama Charter School Parent Teacher Association for just $7.00 per family (+$1 processing fee) for the entire year!
Join by clicking here.
- Help our school become excellent by sharing ideas and strategies for improvement.
- Get a free dress pass each time you attend a PTA meeting.
- Learn how to help your child at home.
- Find out what is happening behind the scenes to make our students successful.
Meetings are held on Tuesdays from 8:30am – 9:30am in the Parent Center
For more information, please call the school office at 323.566.1965
School Site Council Meeting ScheduleMeetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 4:00pm.
Please wait for the documents to load belowPlease wait for the document(s) to load below Click to view the document or folder
Pupil Safety: Human Trafficking Prevention Resources
Senate Bill 1104 requires schools educating grades 6 to 12 to identify methods of informing parents and guardians of pupils in those grades of human trafficking prevention resources.
- U.S. Department of Education- Human Trafficking of Children Fact Sheet for Schools
- Learn the indicators of human trafficking from the U.S. Department of State or ask yourself these Homeland Security questions.
What should you do if you suspect human trafficking?
- If you suspect someone is a victim of trafficking, the National Human Trafficking Hotline is your best resource.
- Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline toll-free at 1-888-373-7888: Anti-Trafficking Hotline Advocates are available 24/7 to take reports of potential human trafficking.
- Report an emergency to law enforcement by calling 911. Trafficking victims, whether or not U.S. citizens, are eligible for services and immigration assistance.
- Text HELP or INFO to the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 233733.
- Contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline via www.humantraffickinghotline.org/chat