Ingenium Learning System
The ILS allows students to learn at their own pace and work toward mastering curriculum and standards. Our students assess their own learning through Capacity Matrices, based on California State performance standards, and then work with their teachers to achieve the highest level of content mastery through engaging Learning Experiences.
The Ingenium Learning System encourages students to become more independent and take a leadership role in their education. Together we strive for continual improvement and development a life-long love of learning.
Ingenium Learning System Signature Practices
Each of our schools add unique components to their educational programming. However, signature practices guide every school in how to implement the Ingenium Learning System.
Our Technology of Transformation: The Ingenium Praxis
(Praxis (process), the process by which a theory, lesson, or skill is enacted, practiced, embodied, or realized). This is the transformation engine that drives our organization. Our Ingenium Praxis consists of five integrated components.
- Profound Learning Experiences (PLE): Our learning experiences are interdisciplinary, grounded in the California Standards, and driven by what is meaningful to our students. Experiences are elegantly designed to create feelings of adventure and discovery in every child. Therefore, children go to school everyday with a sense of wonder, anticipating the next journey in their learning transformation.
- Intrinsic Motivation (IM): Research confirms that extrinsic motivation (reward and punishment) decreases learning, while removing barriers and activating intrinsic motivation (self-direction) dramatically increases learning. We use this research to create motivating, supportive, and challenging learning and work environments.
- Continual Improvement (CI): All people are driven to improve. Our CI strategy provides people with the tools and methods, not only to work together, but also to better understand, organize and redesign systems; thus helping them and the organization more effectively adapt to an ever changing 21st century.
- System of Profound Knowledge (SoPK):The SoPK, Dr. W. Edwards Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge, is the lens that guides our decision-making. We use this innovative approach, which has transformed management practices around the world, to lead and manage every aspect of our organization.
- The Learning Code (TLC): All neurological function is controlled by 7,000 genes. We use the latest research on these genes and the specific brain structures that must be activated, in order to accelerate the speed of learning and behavior change.